What is PR (Permanent Resident) Card?
The permanent residents of Canada are given the Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) as a proof that they are Permanent Residents of Canada (in case the card holder travel outside Canada). The card holder would require the PR Card if re-enters Canada after leaving it once.
What are the Benefits given to a Permanent Resident?
- Can Live, study or work anywhere in Canada
- Can apply for Canadian Citizenship
- Can get the Health care and most of the other social benefits, which a Canadian Citizen receives.
- Is protected under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
The permanent residents are not allowed to:
- Vote or run a Political Office
- Get any job that need a high-level security clearance.
What are the different PR Visa Categories?
There are different programs or categories available, under which you can apply for the permanent residency visa i.e.
- Skilled immigrants,(Express entry)
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- PNP programs
- Quebec skilled worker program
- Investors Entrepreneurs and Self Employed
- Family Sponsorship
- Live in Care giver Visa
Quebec Selected Skilled Workers
- Family sponsorship
- Sponsoring refugees